Following extensive consultation with local people, Places for People will shortly be submitting amended planning applications for Gilston Park Estate which include:
- An outline planning application for 8,500 new homes spanning six new villages along with supporting social and community infrastructure – schools, health and leisure facilities.
- A full planning application for the Central Stort Crossing, enhancing the connection between East Herts and Harlow. The proposals widen the existing Fifth Avenue route to facilitate the creation of part of the Garden Town’s sustainable transport corridor.
- Full planning application and listed building consent for a proposed new crossing of the Stort Valley, to connect a revamped Eastwick Road in East Herts with River Way in Harlow.
Together, these plans form part of wider ambitions for the 10,000-home Gilston Area development, which is part of the Harlow and Gilston Garden Town designated by the Government in 2017. The Gilston Area was allocated for housing development in East Herts’ District Plan in October 2018, following years of local engagement.
East Herts District Council will soon ask for your views and the views of statutory consultees before determining the application. Any comments on these changes should be made directly to East Herts District Council through their planning portal by clicking here and citing the relevant application reference below.
- Outline planning application ref: 3/19/1045/OUT
- Central River Stort Crossing planning application ref: 3/19/1046/FUL
- Eastern Stort Crossing planning application ref: 3/19/1051/FUL
- Listed Building Consent ref: 3/19/1049/LBC
Below you can find background information related to our recent community webinars, as well as the key existing planning application documents. The updated versions will be available shortly and in the meantime, the remaining application documents can be found by clicking here.