Places for People Group believes that the responsible use of personal information collected on this website is critical to its business objectives and reputation. As part of our commitment to privacy, we have adopted this online privacy statement. The extent and type of personal information we hold and use concerning you depends on the information you provide to any of the Group companies that act as Data Controllers.
We only use your personal information to respond to your requests and to provide you with information about Places for People Group services, unless we obtain your permission to use your personal information for other purposes.
Where can I get advice?
We have a Data Protection Officer who makes sure we respect your rights and follow the law. If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information, please contact the Group Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
Why do we need to collect and store personal data?
Places for People will process (i.e. collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner that is compatible with Data Protection Legislation. Wherever possible, we will seek your direct consent at the time that the information is provided, for example on housing application forms or when signing your tenancy agreement.
When you provide the information you will be told what it will be used for and with whom it will be shared. However, you need to be aware that Places for People is required periodically to share your information with other agencies to help reduce crime or investigate fraud.
Once your service has been delivered and our agreement ended, your information will be retained for a specified period to enable any further related services to be delivered to you or to allow you or Places for People to deal with any follow up actions. The information will then be destroyed in a controlled manner. The retention of this information will be in accordance with the Places for People Retention Policy.
Sharing with organisations providing services to us
We engage various third parties to provide services to us for specific functions in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, and this may mean that it is in our legitimate interests to share your personal data with them because we may not have the capabilities to provide those services independently. In each case, we will ensure that these third parties are only allowed to use your personal data in order to provide the relevant services to us. We will always make sure that we use organisations that we trust to look after your personal data appropriately and as required by applicable laws.
Sharing data to comply with laws
There may be scenarios where we are subject to a legal obligation to disclose or share your personal data, such as with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime.
Security of your personal data
We take the security of your data very seriously. We have implemented various strategies, controls and measures to keep your data secure and we keep these measures under close review.
Your rights and how to contact us
The law gives you a number of rights in relation to your personal data and our use of it. You have the right:
- to ask us not to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- to ask to see what personal data we hold about you and to find out about the way that we process the data (and in some circumstances, you can ask us to provide a copy to a third party);
- to ask us to correct or update any personal data which is inaccurate;
- to ask for personal data to be deleted in some (but not all) circumstances where there is no good reason for us to continue to use it;
- to ask us to temporarily stop using your data if you don’t believe that we have a right to use it, or to stop us from using your personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to use it; and
- not to be subject to decisions made solely on the basis of ‘automated processing’ (i.e. the right not to be subject to decisions made solely by algorithms or computers without input from a human) in certain circumstances.
Places for People Group
Data Protection Officer
South Rings Business Park
18 Craven Drive
Changes to this privacy notice
We may need to update this privacy notice from time to time and will make an updated copy available on our website.